The Circle Academy
The Circle Academy is a practical and educational training programme for those interested in running a More Than Profit® business. It is Scotland’s only accredited social entrepreneur training course.
The Circle Academy candidates work towards a qualification SCQF Level 7 Award in Social Entrepreneurship equivalent to an Advanced Higher or HNC qualification.
The programme is open to anyone who wants to create positive, social, or environmental change in a sustainable and commercially viable way.
Topics include finance, funding, marketing, business planning and a More Than Profit® mindset. Industry experts deliver the course.
The Circle Academy has over 70 global alumni working in various industries.
Spaces on The Circle Academy are valued at £4,000 per person.
For each cohort, we host a pitch fund and invite donations to the pot of funding the winning candidate is lucky to receive. The Circle match-funds any contributions.
Support the next generation of social entrepreneurs.
'More Than Profit'
The Circle operates a ‘More Than Profit®’ approach, and we encourage Academy candidates to adopt this. Organisations/individuals operating under any legal structure can be considered ‘More Than Profit®’ if they aim to create positive, social or environmental impact by ensuring sustainable, reliable and diverse income streams.
We have made a video for you to find out more.
Watch it below.
- An online learning course where candidates will be guided through topics and content that will develop their business acumen, build an entrepreneurial mindset, fine-tune their pitching, selling, and marketing skills
- Weekly sessions delivered by expert industry speakers
- 1-2-1 sessions to access critical support and guidance to aid in the development and refinement of your business plan, cash flow, and marketing plan
- Access to exclusive learning resources, including access to The Academy Manual
- The opportunity to pitch to a panel on the completion of the programme and win the funding pot
- Access to The Academy online platform
- Opportunity to achieve an SCQF Level 7 qualification
- A programme valued at £4,000 per candidate
The Circle Academy Case Study
Kathryn Rattray is a freelance photographer based in Dundee and was a candidate on the second cohort of The Academy. She joined the programme to learn more about the entrepreneurial mindset and how she could create more social impact. Watch the interview with Kathryn to find out how The Circle Academy impacted her practice.
Case Study - Jillian Elizabeth
Case Study - Kathryn Rattray
Online platform login
The Academy online portal is for current Academy Candidates, Academy Alumni and Academy Speakers.
Login here to access speaker session recordings, learning resources, templates and our online forum for Academy candidates, alumni and speakers. If you are a candidate on The Circle Academy and have not been given access to the platform yet please contact [email protected] to arrange this.